Sunday, April 18, 2010

Slavery

Sitting here,
trying to listen to silence,
silence has no sound
but still it keeps me hell bound.

Silence prolongs & my night becomes long,
waiting for the sunshine to shine upon me,
but oh lord, suns a distant tyranny for me.

Slaved by treachery wanting to break free,
i beg for mercy,
but within these walls,
there is no solace.

Walls are my only friends in need,
i talk to them most nights,
just to feel free but freedom is an agony,
only hope can set me free.

I want a view,
to see the night,
just to feel the moon when.
its so bright.

My visions have faded
and so have my memories,
feels just so long to be true
when i did something new.

Darkness makes me mad,
freedom cries & lingers to me,
but only truth prevails,
walls are so empty,
can anyone find me.

My only sin was my covet,
which turned to greed
when i was in need.

My penance is always awake,
i never think of my old mistakes
but still silence makes my tears to break.

I am a slave trapped in purgatory,
nowhere to go only fear to flow,
through my heart & through my soul,
till i become old & i die from cold.

I just feel my breathing,
just feel my heart pounding,
still knowing that human soul is still alive
but no one comes to free me from my misery.

My death is certain i am not ashamed,
only punishment that justifies my deeds,
aghasted by the pasts & confronted by the future.
Still i dream of purgatory but whats better than purgatory
was history.History of violence which has always confronted me.

We each owe a death,
no one's an exception
but some times death is better then slavery.

1 comment:

  1. "I am a slave trapped in purgatory"

    I thought of purgation as a process, i like what you wrote here.

    Nice work Rhymer :))

    ReplyDelete